Borehamwood Physio’s priority is to ensure patient health and safety.
All updates about the clinic are based on the latest guidelines from the Government, NHS England, CSP, HPCP and Physio First.
The clinic will open SLOWLY in accordance with this guidance.
What does this mean for you?
- Face to face appointments are now allowed, although some insurance companies are not authorizing this at present. HOWEVER, each patient must be screened to ensure that this is essential, and the risks discussed. We have been advised that if possible, virtual appointments should still be the first choice.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, then your appointment MUST continue a virtual basis.
- Shortness of breath, a sore throat, a high temperature, a cough.
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has any of the above symptoms, then you are advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
If a Face to face appointment is appropriate, then please be reassured that the following measures will be taken to ensure health and safety.
- Borehamwood Physio clinic is based within its own room within The Natural Gateway Clinic. This means that only myself or my patients will have access to the room. Borehamwood Physio is based within a GP practice and all patients are screened before entering the building. Therefore, only those that are symptom free are allowed entry.
- The clinic will adhere to infection control policy.
- PPE — personal protective equipment. I will be wearing a surgical mask, disposable gloves, and apron.
- Please be reassured that if I have any of the symptoms, I will cancel all face to face appointments. As a key worker I can be tested for COVID-19 even if I am asymptomatic and I do this as often as possible.
- All equipment will be cleaned between patients with cleaning products that are appropriate for COVID-19 virus.
- Pillows, mats, and the treatment couch will be covered with disposable couch roll.
- The clinic room will be cleaned on a regular basis.
- If you attend a Face to face appointment, then you MUST wear a surgical face mask. If you do not have access to one this can be supplied at a cost.
- Social distancing: You will be asked to wait outside the clinic or in the car park and you will be called to enter the building just before the appointment. This means that the waiting room will not be used, and one patient will only be in my clinic room at the same time.
- Payments will be made sent to your phone by a secure system. Payments are expected to be made at the time of the appointment. No cash or cheques will be accepted.
- For further information please see the latest government guidelines
VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS are available. This is simple to use and instructions are sent when you book an appointment.
If you need an appointment, these can still be booked over the phone, by email or online
During this difficult time there will be free health and well-being and exercises through social media platforms. These will be summarised and new articles written and added to the Blog.
Keep an eye on these to stay up to date.
@borehamwoodphysio on Facebook
@katynealephysio on Instagram
If you have any questions, please contact Borehamwood Physio and I will help as best as I can.