Face to Face Appointment Guidelines
- Borehamwood Physio clinic is based within its own room within Theobald Medical Practice. This means that only myself or my patients will have access to the room.
- Borehamwood Physio is based within a GP practice and all patients are screened before entering the building. Therefore, only those that are symptom free are allowed entry
- When a patient books a new appointment, they will be sent a screening form to complete. They will also be sent reminders to self-screen for subsequent follow-up appointments
- The clinic will adhere to infection control policy
- PPE — personal protective equipment. I will always be wearing a surgical mask, disposable gloves, and apron when appropriate.
- Face masks: All patients attending a Face to face appointment, MUST wear a surgical face mask at all times. If they do not have access to one this can be supplied at a cost
- Hand washing: On entering the building please use alcohol gel provided. On entering the clinic room patients are expected to wash their hands and alcohol gel throughout the building.
- Physiotherapist health: Please be reassured that if I have any of the symptoms, I will cancel all face to face appointments. As a key worker I can be tested for COVID-19 even if I am asymptomatic and I do this as often as possible.
- Patient health: All patients MUST cancel their appointment if they present with any of the symptoms listed above
- Equipment: Pillows, mats, and the treatment couch will be covered with disposable couch roll. All equipment will be cleaned between patients with cleaning products that are appropriate for COVID-19 virus
- Clinic room: The clinic room will be cleaned on a regular basis as well as external spaces within the Theobald Medical Centre
- Waiting Room:Alongside Government guidance patients will be allowed to enter the building themselves under strict guidance: The waiting room chairs will be cleaned regularly. All hands will still be washed when they enter the clinic room. Time will be left between patient appointments.
- Toilet: We request that all patients go the toilet before they attend their appointment. There is a toilet available if essential
- Payments: Where possible payments will be made sent to your phone by a secure system. Payments are expected to be made at the time of the appointment. No cash or cheques will be accepted
- For further information please see the latest government guidelinesand working safely guidelines
If a VIRTUAL appointment is appropriate a link will be sent to you before your appointment. You will need to have a video and a microphone for best results. Such as a phone, computer, or tablet.
If you have any questions, please contact Borehamwood Physio and I will help as best as I can.